1. Understand your audience. Successful marketers connect with their customers. They know the kind of content that instantly engages their desired audience. They also make sure that content is edited for grammar and spell checked. Poor delivery costs credibility.
2. Be concise. Break up articles into short, easy-to-read paragraphs. Show lists using bullet points. People are used to skimming content, and long blocks of text cause loss of interest. Break up text by interspersing relevant images every few paragraphs.
3. Use mixed media. High-quality articles aren’t your only option; keep your audience engaged by using videos, slideshows, and photos to add variety to your messages.
4. Keep it coming. An interested reader naturally wants more. Plan ahead and offer the opportunity to read a whitepaper, sign up for more, give feedback or share what they’ve learned.
5. Provide value—not a sales pitch. Much of the value you can offer is centered around educating by delivering high-value content. Your top priority is your reader—not SEO that doesn’t offer immediate value for a reader. Before you begin to write, ask yourself what’s in it for your audience and how you can engage them and capture their loyalty.
Need more ideas about how to make your content compelling? Call (414) 771-8906 for a one-on-one consultation or fill out the form on the right and send it in with your message.